Are you tired of receiving promotional messages from third-party services? If so, you can activate the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature on your Glo, MTN, 9mobile and Airtel lines.
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) made it mandatory for all telecom companies in Nigeria to allow customers to choose not to be disturbed by activating the DND feature.
There are two ways to activate DND:
- Full DND: This will stop all promotional messages from third-party services. To activate full DND, text “STOP” to 2442.
- Partial DND: This allows you to choose which categories of promotional messages you want to receive. To activate partial DND, text “HELP” to 2442. You will receive a message with a list of all the categories of promotional messages and the codes you need to text to stop receiving messages from each category.
For example, to stop receiving banking and insurance promotional messages, you would text “SMS 1” to 2442.
You can also check the status of your DND by texting “STATUS” to 2442.
Activating DND is free and you can deactivate and reactivate it as often as you like.
It’s important to note that direct calls and messages from your service provider will not be affected by DND. Only third-party services will be affected.
I hope this helps!
Here are some additional tips for activating DND:
- Make sure you have enough airtime to send the text messages.
- Be sure to enter the correct codes.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation message, you can try sending the text message again.
If you have any problems activating DND, you can contact your service provider’s customer care department.